Ruiny palatsu u s. Urvenna (Castle Ruins in Urvenna Village)
In the 19th century the owner of Urvenna Witalis Porczyński built an estate in the classicist style.
Rivne Oblast, Zdovbytsia Territorial Community (Hromada), Urvenna Village.
Starting from the 16th century Urvenna was part of the broad possessions of the Ostrogski family, one of the more prominent families in the Kingdom of Poland, the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. At the beginning of the 19th century Witalis Porczyński, marszałek of Rivne powiat (the basic unit of territorial organisation at that time), was the owner of the village. He was a rich person, however he also was a good landlord and quite capable of building a small palace and laying a park near it.
According to evidence, in 1827 the palace in Urvenna had already been built. Szymon Konopacki, a contemporary with the palace construction, described it as follows: “the palace in Urvenna became famous all over the neighbourhood because of its lovely architecture and interior decoration. The English landscape garden that surrounded it formed an integral whole with the palace”.
The palace, built by Porczyński, was a two-story building in the classicist style. Such famous artists as Heinrich Peyer, and later Napoleon Mateusz Tadeusz Orda depicted the palace in their paintings. A 4-column portico was in the centre of the building. Columns of the Ionic order crossed the balcony of the second floor in the centre. The whole house was covered with a high roof.
The English landscape garden, also called English landscape park or simply the English garden, was located in front of the main façade. People entered the territory through an arched brick bridge. No one knows under what circumstances in the first half of the 19th century another building was built near the palace.
In 1879 two Czech colonists divided the estate between themselves. In the post-war period, the owners added further section to the palace, and on the territory of the park the authorities built new houses. Today, the ancient palace is used as a residential building; the second building is gradually falling into disrepair and collapsing.
- Number of Hillforts: - 4
- Number of Springs: - 5
- Number of Attractions: - 11
- Number of Monuments: - 9